If you haven't figured it
out yet, my name is Nathaniel James Novak, a.k.a. Nathan, Nate, NJ, and just about anything that isn't derogatory! I am
a Sr. Systems Administrator for a consulting
firm called Lante Corporation,
working out of their Seattle office. I am responsible for all internal
systems operations for Lante
locations in Seattle, WA and Denver, CO.
I graduated in May of 1999
from the 3rd-largest university in the North Carolina - East
Carolina University. I earned the Outstanding Senior award from the School of Business for my academic work along with my
extracurricular experiences while I was in school. I
studied systems development, databases, distributed systems, and the like.
On top of my classes, I was an intern for a year in the IT Department at DIMON International, Inc., the world's second largest tobacco
processor. I have served as the Network Administrator for the School of Business at
ECU and a Network Administrator with Europa Sports Products in Charlotte, NC.
I started with Lante in February of 2000 working out of Charlotte, NC.
That office closed, but I stayed with the company - moving to Seattle.
|My parents, David and Elaine, live in Matthews, NC - a small town right
next to Charlotte. They moved there from Connecticut in 1992. My mom is the
director of the University City Regional Library in Charlotte, and my dad is an abstract
|A spot for great quotes:
- Scientists call
it gradations of concentration: How can a gymnast do
backflips on a four-inch balance beam with 10,000 people and Schubert
blaring in her ears, and a golfer can't hit a stationary ball with
someone clicking a camera shutter?
- Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view.
- That's it, no more free will.
- The difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I
couldn't care less.
- The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It is twice as large
as it needs to be.
- Never play leap frog with a unicorn.
- Don't squat with your spurs on.
- Carpe Diem - Seize the day
Carpe Noctum - Seize the night
Carpin Denium - There's a fish in my pants
Carpe Ovum - Seize the egg
Cave Canem - Beware of the dog
- You've reached the B&D Hotline. All our operators are tied up
right now, so if you leave a name, screenname, a list of
transgressions, and bark like a dog, we'll get right back to you with
- Error 405: Reality.sys corrupted. Universe halted. Reboot (y/n)?
- I always take life with a grain of salt, ... plus a slice of lemon
... and a shot of tequila.
- We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for
the ungrateful. We have done so much for so long that we are now
qualified to do anything with nothing.
- Insufficient disk space to receive AOL instant message, delete
Windows to continue? (Y/y)
- Hello, you have reached the automated answering service for (insert
screenname) Your message will be answered in the order in which it was
received. Your message is number 19,641. Please hold, your message is
important to me.
- If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, forget em',
cause, man, they're gone.
- What do you know about tweetle beetles? well.. When tweetle beetles
fight it's called a tweetle beetle battle. And when they battle in a
puddle it's a tweetle beetle puddle battle. AND when tweetle beetles
battle with paddles in a puddle, they call it a tweetle beetle puddle
paddle battle. AND... When beetles battle beetles in a puddle paddle
battle and the beetle battle puddle is a puddle in a bottle....they
call this a tweetle beetle bottle puddle paddle battle muddle.
AND..... When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their
paddles and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating
noodles....they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle
bottle paddle battle.
- Thank you for IMing (your SN)'s Psychiatric Hotline. -If you are
obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly. -If you are
co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2. -If you have multiple
personalities, please press 3, 4, 5 and 6. -If you are
paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay
on the line so we can trace the call. -If you are schizophrenic,
listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to
press. -If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number
you press. No one will answer. -If you are delusional and occasionally
hallucinate, please be aware that the mouse that you hold in your hand
is about to bite off your thumb.
I know how you people think nowadays, so for all of you people who are wondering about
my "vital stats" here you go...
- height: 6'0"
- age: 23 (b. 9/9/1977)
- marital status: married
- profession: computers (business systems, networks, telecom)
- academic major: BSBA in Decision Science with a concentration in MIS
- home: Issaquah, WA (15 minutes west of Seattle)
- high school: Harding University High School, Charlotte, NC; graduated 6/95 Cum